Saturday, January 12, 2008

Halfway Cafe - Marlborough, MA - Jake

I agree with Ian wholeheartedly on this one.

The ambiance and service were just as agreeable as the food itself. I was able to join in on the appetizers and enjoyed the crispy onion rings and loved the pairing of the calamari with the hot peppers. It was a truly wonderful combination.

For an entree I had the Halfway Fish & Chips with Sweet Potato Fries. The fish was served in small pieces that were perfect for using your hands with, and a tartar sauce that was refreshingly tangy. The sweet potato fries were great and the coleslaw was some of the best I've tasted lately. All-in-all it was fish & chips done right, and I would happily return to not only have them again but try any of their other available dishes.

Go there with friends and just relax and feast! Great food, a wonderful laid back atmosphere, and friendly fun people. The Halfway Cafe is well worth the visit.

No comments: